Occupy Wall Street ______ County
Notes/Decisions from the Oct 16th planning Meeting
[Editor’s note: this is a digest of the actual meeting minutes posted by the local Occupy group in tamerlane’s neck of the woods.]
Hello All, thanks to those who came out to the meeting yesterday. I made a big mistake in not getting everyone to signup for the mailing list
1) The Next Rally
- Everyone should be involved with printing and handing out the flyer
- Rally to be organized organically
- Peacekeepers Lorianne, Pamela, Guari, Mia, Heather will help move the flow of people
- The Plaza will have musicians and speakers organized on the fly for those that want to step up. I didnt consense on this but i think Jefferey’s small amp is fine
- The sign crew should get cardboard, more tables, and sticks (I think it was heather that said she has sticks too)
- People should organize carpools… then drive one car in.
2) The Rally After That
- Other than the time and place, no logistics are planned.
3) Continued Movement
- The group agreed to attempt to keep visibility and movement, nothing has been planned.
4) Working Groups, Roles
- Outreach to Latinos*: Jeffrey [* 8% of county population]
- Music: Jeffrey, Lorianne, Janie
- Non-Violence Training Coordinators: Joe and Pamela
- Goals: ??
5) Other Possible Actions to support
- Possible support of Michael Moore talk
- Nov 9th, End corporate person hood (talk?) need more info…
- Halloween OWS themed costumes
- Oct 28, 29 (Cant remember name now…alternatives to violence?) workshop, Gauri had details
6) Resources to be shared on website
- Guidelines for dealing with law enforcement
- Non-Violent theory and guidelines
If you know of a good online source for info on any of these, please send them to me
7) Political Action items brought up
- we had no consensus
6 ) [again] Next Planning Meeting
- If it rains we will need to find a new location and leave a sign at the bandshell.
- Also lets have another facilitator other than me. [Ya think?]